- This event has passed.
Train the Trainers Workshop: Focus on Students Who Are Newly Arrived
September 19 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
All undocumented students and newly arrived students CAN go to college! Unfortunately, many of our students and families are unaware of their college options. Join 10,000 Degrees for this special two part event to help spread information and create a college going culture at your campus for students who are undocumented or newly arrived.
- Review laws and policies that impact newly arrived students
- Options for AB540 eligibility
- Learn and discuss what it means to be a “newly arrived” student
- Learn strategies to foster engagement with students and families
- Increase awareness regarding student experiences