On a Mission to Achieve Educational Equity
10,000 Degrees is the leading, equity-focused scholarship provider and college success nonprofit in California. Since 1981, we’ve helped more than 20,000 students from low-income backgrounds achieve their college dreams, and today, we reach more than 12,000 students and families each year.
Join us on our mission to achieve educational equity. Apply to work with our passionate team to make a difference and give back to your community.
Our Core Values
At 10,000 Degrees, our core values guide everything we do, from the way we deliver student support to how we structure our organizational systems to be mission-aligned.
- In the great potential of all students.
- Every student should have equitable opportunities to a quality education and to graduate from college.
- All our students and alumni are Changemakers.
- Students and their families, schools and communities each play a critical role in educating our youth and strengthening our communities’ economic and social health.
- Educating all students to achieve their full potential is an urgent moral, social and economic imperative.
- Education is the foundation of a just and equitable society.
Our Culture & Investment in You
We want you to feel proud being a part of the 10,000 Degrees team, because of the work that you do and the community we strive to be.
At 10,000 Degrees we are creating a more equitable, inclusive, anti-racist organization and a community where everyone belongs. We welcome and celebrate all people. We value our collective identities, be that based on race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religious background, education, socioeconomic status, ability, national origin, citizenship, military status, or political affiliation.
We provide a comprehensive and generous benefits package, work schedule flexibility and a culture of care to promote job satisfaction, professional growth, and wellbeing. We are a collaborative, team-oriented and transparent organization that listens to our employees. 10,000 Degrees also supports you on your career journey by providing ongoing professional development opportunities, and giving you a clear path toward leadership pathways and advancement.
Perks & Benefits
We offer the following benefits to all full-time, hourly and salaried staff:
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Account
- Commuter benefits
- Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program through Concern Health
- 15 days paid vacation and generous paid sick leave
- 9 Holidays, in addition 10,000 Degrees is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Professional development, including conferences, seminars, webinars, and trainings