Undocumented Students

Financial Aid for Undocumented Students

Financial aid is a barrier to many students who identify as undocumented. At 10,000 Degrees, we are here to support you through your college journey and make sure you are aware of all the types of financial aid available to you.

La ayuda financiera puede ser un obstaculo para muchos estudantes que son indocumentados y asisten a un colegio o universidad. Aqui en 10,000 Degress estamos para apoyarlos en su camino a la universidad y asegurarse de que conoscan todos los tipos de ayuda financiera disponible para usted. Haga clic en el enlace para mas informacion.

Links to Financial Aid Resources for undocumented students:

What is the California Dream Act Application?

The California Dream Act Application (CADAA) allows AB540 students enrolled in eligible California Colleges, Universities and Career Technical Education Programs to apply for state financial aid. Many California colleges and universities require a completed CADAA application to be eligible for additional institutional aid. This application is unrelated to the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

To complete the California Dream Act application, students will need:

  • Parents prior year W-2 forms (if they worked)
  • Parents prior year tax forms (if they filed)
  • Parent’s marital status and marriage/divorce date (month/year)
  • Parent’s date of birth (month/day/year)
  • Record of untaxed income such as social security benefits or welfare benefits
Financial Aid for Undocumented Students in California
Financial Aid for Undocumented Students

Applying for the 10,000 Degrees Scholarship?


Students who wish to apply for the 10,000 Degrees Scholarship must fill out the FAFSA OR CADAA before completing the 10,000 Degrees Scholarship application.


If you have a SSN through DACA, TPS, or U-Visa you file CA Dream Act. If you have a SSN through Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residence you file FAFSA.

You can review your AB540 eligibility here.

You can find instructions, FAQs, and other resources on filling out the CADAA here.

Male students are required to register with the Selective Service regardless of immigration status in order to receive financial aid. Register online here.

Learn About Our Scholarships